Federal Law Search
These statutes, agency regulations and adjudication, governmental guidance documents, and case law decisions have been issued by US federal authorities. They have been created through the legislative process, by executive order, or are the result of a decision by a federal court.
The following federal statutes are central to genomic medicine and policy:
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA)
- Clinical Laboratories Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, 2009 (HITECH)
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, 2010 (ACA)
Use the search functions below to learn more.